National Skeet Shooting Association
National Sporting Clays Association

About Us/

About Us

About Us

About the NSSA-NSCA Museum and Hall of Fame

The NSSA-NSCA Museum and Hall of Fame houses the artifacts of the NSSA and NSCA and honors the recipients of the associations’ most prestigious awards. It is located on the expansive grounds of the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, Texas.

The Museum displays artifacts and exhibits on skeet and sporting clays history, from the equipment used to the shooters who have excelled at both disciplines. It is the largest and most complete display of skeet and sporting clays history in the country.


In November 1961 at the Executive Committee meeting in St. Louis, Zone 6 Director Henry Alcus proposed the foundation of a permanent NSSA library. Alex Kerr, NSSA President, appointed Alcus as chairman of a committee to establish and promote a project to create the library.

Thus was born what eventually became the NSSA-NSCA Museum and Hall of Fame. The beginning core of material was donated by Bill Foster, son of NSSA founder and the “Father of Skeet,” William Harnden Foster. From this start, Alcus began to solicit and collect material related to Skeet and the NSSA. By 1969, he estimated about 10 cubic feet of material had been collected, including all copies of NSSA’s first publication, The Skeet Shooting News (1931-1942), and all copies of Skeet Shooting Review.

In 1973, the NSSA moved from Dallas to its new permanent home in San Antonio on the grounds of the Texas International Gun Club. This was later to become the National Gun Club, and finally the National Shooting Complex.

By 1989, it had become apparent that a dedicated facility was required to house all the library’s records and artifacts. Under the leadership of Mike Hampton, the Executive Director, a project was undertaken to create that facility and the first NSSA-NSCA Museum and Hall of Fame building was born. However, it was not long before the growing collection outgrew its confines.

Construction was started on the present building in 2002. It was completed and dedicated during the World Skeet Championships that October. Led by NSSA Director Don Snyder, all of the contents of the old museum building were moved to the new facility and displays were set up.

In November 2002, Mike Brazzell volunteered to catalogue all the contents and set up displays in a more logical arrangement. Along with the help of Jim Harris, the entire look has dramatically changed with the addition of oak and glass cabinets to display the artifacts. Additional lighting, a member’s library, storage space, and numerous new displays such as the Robert Stack collection were also added.

Thanks to the generosity of industry sponsors and donations and efforts of individual members, your Museum and Hall of Fame is one of the most comprehensive and aesthetically pleasing facilities of its type. Please make plans to visit during your next trip to the National Shooting Complex.